The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is an Australian Public Service (APS) agency with its headquarters in Canberra that employs both APS and Australian Defence Force personnel to achieve its unique role, to "reveal their secrets, protect our own."
Why work at ASD
- Challenging, interesting and unique work that directly supports the Australian Defence Force and Australian Government decision-making
- Ongoing commitment to staff training including technical, business and interpersonal skills
- Close-knit and supportive work teams
- National and international travel opportunities for some staff
- The work is unique, challenging and rewarding
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Dedicated training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Diverse career paths
- Dynamic and high profile national organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Great superannuation benefits
- Social and networking opportunities
- Supportive work environment
- Work-life balance
- Family leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Study assistance opportunities
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Pay increases linked to regular performance reviews
- Salary packaging available
- National and international travel opportunities
- Relocation assistance for successful applicants
- Diversity is essential to ASD. We want the best minds working for us, regardless of background.
- Our work is challenging, and experience shows that the best teams contain clever people often from different backgrounds.
- We embrace diversity and support the diverse needs of our workforce. Whether you require flexible working arrangements, celebrate particular holidays or have your own particular requirements to do your job to the best of your ability, ASD can support you.
- ASD supports specific diversity programs including:
- ASD+, our LGBTI support network
- ASD Parenting Outreach Program, a support network for staff on parental leave and after they return to work
- Girls' Programming Network, an extra-curricular program for female students interested in STEM subjects.
- ASD is an agency within Defence - you can read more about our diverse workforce
- Defence sees 'diversity' as broader than labels; it is a way of thinking and an approach to delivering the best results.
- Through diversity we gain the varied perspectives needed to tackle complex problems and come up with innovative solutions.
Living in Canberra
- Canberra offers all the advantages of city living without the traffic, pollution and stress of larger cities
- Beautiful natural surroundings with four distinct seasons, each with its own charms
- Short commutes to work and facilities, no matter where you live
- Booming restaurant scene and nightlife, including national and international events and shows
- Plenty of attractions, markets, wineries, breweries, museums and galleries – Canberra has something for everyone
- Learn more