Working at ASD?
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is a Commonwealth agency with its headquarters in Canberra that employs both civilian and Australian Defence Force personnel to achieve its unique role, to Reveal their secrets. Protect our own.
Why work at ASD
- Challenging, interesting and unique work that directly supports the Australian Defence Force and Australian Government decision-making
- Ongoing commitment to staff training including technical, business and interpersonal skills
- Close-knit and supportive work teams
- National and international travel opportunities for some staff
- The work is unique, challenging and rewarding
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Dedicated training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Diverse career paths
- Dynamic and high profile national organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Casual dress supported
- Great superannuation benefits
- Social and networking opportunities
- Supportive work environment
- Work-life balance
- Family leave
- Parental leave
- Study assistance opportunities
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Pay increases linked to regular performance reviews
- Salary packaging available
- National and international travel opportunities
- Relocation assistance for successful applicants
- Diversity powers ASD's mission. We commit to a respectful and inclusive workplace where it is safe for our people to bring their whole selves to work.
- The ASD Employment Conditions Determination 2018 (PDF) sets out our pay and conditions.
ASD is committed to supporting the employment and career development of people with disability. Our participation in the RecruitAbility scheme means we will advance an applicant with disability to a further stage in the recruitment process, where they opt into the scheme and meet the minimum requirements for the position.
How do I opt into RecruitAbility?
You will be asked if you want to opt into the RecruitAbility scheme in the diversity section of the application form. You must tick 'opt in' to participate in the scheme. Simply declaring that you have a disability will not automatically enroll you in the scheme.
We provide reasonable adjustments such as access, equipment or other practical support at relevant stages of the recruitment process. Inform the contact officer listed in the information pack if you need any adjustments made.
Details about the RecruitAbility scheme, including what is meant by 'disability', can be found on the Australian Public Service Commission RecruitAbility website.
Flexible working arrangements
ASD assists its employees to balance their work and private lives through the provision of flexible working arrangements and conditions, flexible leave arrangements and by promoting well-being.
Living in Canberra
- Canberra offers all the advantages of city living without the traffic, pollution and stress of larger cities
- Beautiful natural surroundings with four distinct seasons, each with its own charms
- Short commutes to work and facilities, no matter where you live
- Booming restaurant scene and nightlife, including national and international events and shows
- Plenty of attractions, markets, wineries, breweries, museums and galleries – Canberra has something for everyone
- Learn more