How and when to apply
How do I apply?
Applications for the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) are coordinated through the Department of Defence Graduate Program.
Use these Defence Graduate Opportunities hints and tips for writing your application to give yourself the best chance in the selection process.
When do I apply?
Defence Intelligence-ASD stream applications were open 19 February–3 April 2018.
As all successful applicants must undertake a thorough security clearance, it is important you apply well in advance. Ask yourself these questions:
- Will you complete your studies in 2018?
- Will you complete your studies before July 2019, but would like to secure employment before you finish your degree?
- Have you already graduated and are looking for a change of career direction?
- Maybe you will finish your studies in 2018, but would like to travel or take time off before going to work?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, you should apply in 2018 for a 2019 intake. Whatever your situation, you can apply with ASD and potentially secure a career that will be both interesting and rewarding.
Employment with ASD is subject to satisfying the requirements of a Psychological Assessment and a Top Secret - Positive Vet security clearance. All applicants must be Australian citizens and be willing to undertake an extensive security and background checking process covering the past 10 years or from your 16th birthday, whichever is greater.
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Screening sessions
- Assessment centres (in Canberra)
- Security clearances (in capital cities)
- From August
- First intake
- February next year